Professional Dietitians (PDts) are highly qualified experts educated in science, management, human development, and health of populations. Dietitians provide counselling and support to help their clients make changes in their eating habits in order to promote health and prevent chronic illness.
A Professional Dietitian can help you with:
• Weight Management (Weight Loss/Gain)
• Chronic Disease Management (Hypertension, cholesterol management, diabetes management, digestive disorders such as IBS)
• Sports Nutrition
• Pre/Post Natal Nutrition
• Picky Eaters (selective eaters)
• Food Allergies and Sensitivities
• Vegetarian and Vegan Diets
• Eating on a Budget
What is the difference between a dietitian and a nutritionist?
In Nova Scotia, the titles dietitian and nutritionist are used interchangeably and have the same meaning. In order to use either of these titles in Nova Scotia, registration with Nova Scotia Dietetic Association is mandatory according to provincial law.
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental, and social well being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity"